We wish we could change the world so that our environment was clean and healthy (and our healthcare system was based on a preventative model!). We have not yet been able to accomplish such large goals, but we believe that small steps add up, and that everyone can help make a difference. To that end, we would like our friends and customers to know about some of the eco-friendly initiatives we are doing in our business:
* We purchase 100% wind power through Electric Advisors, from WGES Clean Steps Wind Power. Residential consumers can also sign up to purchase 100% renewable energy at a discounted price through Electric Advisors.
* Our customers can dispose of unwanted and expired drugs using the TakeAwayTM Environmental Return System at our store. This is a safe, environmentally savvy way to keep over-the-counter and prescription medications from ending up in the Chesapeake Bay and other waterways. Learn more, then download a Medicine Disposal Form.
* We are a frequent participant in the Green Festival when it is held in Washington, DC.
* We carry brands with eco-friendly programs of their own, including Nordic Naturals, Jarrow Formulas, MegaFood, Boiron, New Chapter, Rainbow Light, CamoCare and Gaia.
* Both our store and our nationwide mail-order service use recycled ink cartridges and recycled paper for printed materials, plus we re-use boxes and packing materials for shipping orders.
* We deliver locally in our eco-friendly, fuel-efficient Smart Car.