Spring, a time of renewal, is a natural time for detoxification. Though the body naturally detoxifies itself, with subtle diet changes and some nutritional supplements, we can help aid the process. Herbs, water, exercise, and a clean diet can support the body, giving it energy to spring into a new season.
Starting your day with a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon is a simple everyday cleanse that anyone can do. For a deeper spring detox, there are many cleanse kits available. Here are some of the best.
Every Day Detox
Innate Clear Response: This tasty cleanse doesn’t have to be used just for one season. Clear Response can easily be mixed with water for detox on-the-go. It also contains antioxidant support as well as the following :
1) Glycine – essential for Phase II detoxification.
2) Milk thistle – helps maintain a healthy liver.
3) Burdock – supports a healthy liver.
4) Broad spectrum digestive enzymes – digestive support.
First Time Cleanse
Enzymatic Therapy Simple Cleanse: A gentle, targeted intestinal cleanse that enhances your body’s own natural internal cleansing process for thorough detoxification.
A simple 2-week program to cleanse and detoxify that contains patent-pending True Dispersion™ Technology, giving you fiber that goes to work instantly and cleans all the way down. It also contains a gentle, no-stimulant laxative that safely cleanses and strengthens the body’s natural detoxification process, as well as a soothing herbal blend that promotes healthy, comfortable bowel cleansing and effective detoxification.
Whole Body Cleanse
Garden of Life Raw Cleanse: RAW Cleanse from Garden of Life features uncooked, untreated and unadulterated ingredients that are designed to support your body’s natural digestive and detoxification systems. It is a three-part cleanse that supports organ detoxification, toxin removal and immune health.
Before you embark on any cleanse, talk to us at Village Green Apothecary to see what is best for you.
Here are some more tips to consider when doing a cleanse:
· Drink at least the recommended 64 ounces of filtered water each day.
· Eat fresh fruit, vegetables (particularly crucifers and bitter greens, such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, endive and radicchio), seeds, nuts and lean protein – organic whenever possible, with wild caught fish.
· Increase your healthy fat intake by adding 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon each of organic coconut oil, flaxseed oil, cod liver oil and olive oil per day to your diet.
· Keep high allergen foods, such as dairy and wheat products, to a bare minimum.
· Eliminate caffeine, tea, coffee and alcoholic beverages.
· Eliminate added sugar, refined flour, processed foods and fatty food with trans fats.
· Eliminate skin care products with ingredients you can’t pronounce.
· Use natural cleaning products.