Have you heard that Village Green Apothecary has its very own radio show? Our Essentials of Healthy Living (EHL) radio show has been broadcast for almost 10 years, and we have over 400 radio shows archived for your listening pleasure.
You can listen to new shows on Sundays from 10-11am (EST) on 1500 AM (WFED) in the Washington DC area, or click on this link to listen to past radio shows. Our new and improved online radio show archive is easy to use and allows you to search by various health-related topics.
You can also select from some of our favorite shows, handpicked by Village Green nutritionists and staff. Don’t have time to listen now? Listen on iTunes or download and listen at your convenience.
The radio show offers news and advice on complementary and alternative approaches to living well. We also showcase products and services that reach a targeted audience in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Our weekly 1-hour radio program, hosted by Dana Laake, LDN, and Dr. Kevin Passero, ND, offers topical information on topics like:
• Hormonal issues affecting men and women
• Importance of a healthy diet in preventing/managing chronic diseases and stress
• Bone health and the benefits of taking whole food supplements
• Natural approaches for treating for depression
• Body cleansing and detoxification
• Herbal misconceptions, fears and applications for healthy living
• Maternal health and fetal health
• Green living and reducing exposure to toxins
• Alternatives to cholesterol-lowering medications
In addition to specific topics, the radio show hits on current health news, and gives nutrition updates and lifestyle and exercise advice. We feature special guests who are leading experts and specialists in natural medicine and healthy living – doctors, nutritionists, holistic practitioners, researchers and educators.