Sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, itchy eyes, coughing… Sound familiar? For a lot of people, when these uncomfortable symptoms hit, it can be difficult to know whether it’s allergies, sinusitis or a cold. While these conditions can produce similar symptoms, there are some key differences to be aware of. Knowing the cause of your respiratory distress is the first step to finding relief. Once you know what the culprit is, supporting your body as quickly as possible with the best remedies is the next important step to feeling better, fast.
As always, I recommend consulting a healthcare professional for further guidance and personalized support, especially if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms on a regular basis. Making diet changes, lifestyle modifications, and regularly taking nutritional supplements can all help to bolster and protect your health.
ALLERGIES (hay fever)
An allergic response occurs when your immune system reacts to allergens such as pollen, dust, or pet dander. Your body produces antibodies and releases histamine into your bloodstream to counteract the allergen, which leads to allergy symptoms. Allergies can be seasonal or occur year-round.
• Clear, thin, watery nasal discharge
• Scratchy throat
• Itchy ears and throat
• Red, watery eyes
• Post-nasal drip
• Sinus Survival Allergy Trifecta Bundle (features AllerDx, Sinus Survival Allercide, and Grape Seed Extract) – this powerful combination provides immediate relief along with daily allergy protection.
• Sinus Survival Herbal Nasal Spray – helps wash allergens from your nasal passages and soothes irritation.
SINUSITIS (sinus infection)
Sinusitis is inflammation or an infection of the sinuses (hollow spaces in the bones around the nose) that often results secondary to a cold or allergies. Symptoms can be acute (last for about 10 days) and/or can become chronic (last for 12 weeks). Sinusitis can be triggered by a virus, bacteria or fungus.
• Stuffy, congested, or blocked nose
• Thick, yellow/green mucus
• Pain, pressure, around forehead, eyes, and cheeks
• Headache that feels throbbing and can get worse from bending over
• Possible bad breath
• Sinus Survival SinuThyme – this comprehensive nutrient and herbal blend helps to clear nasal passages and support immune health.
• Sinus Survival Herbal Nasal Spray – soothes inflamed and irritated nasal passages.
• AlliUltra – provides allicin, a highly concentrated garlic compound, shown to have powerful anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
A cold, which is caused by a virus that enters through your mouth, eyes, or nose, tends to produce symptoms gradually as your immune system tries to fight off the foreign invader. Symptoms usually last between 5-10 days and change as the cold runs its course.
• Sore throat is often the first symptom
• Runny nose at first, then stuffy nose
• Slight body aches / malaise
• Sometimes low-grade fever / chills
• AlliUltra – provides allicin, a highly concentrated garlic compound, shown to have powerful anti-viral properties.
• Pathway Vitamin D3 – supports immune health and helps protect against respiratory infections.
• Pathway Zinc Lozenges – gives soothing relief along with zinc, which has been shown to shorten the duration of colds.
Photo from here, with thanks.