Inflammation is a protective process that the body uses to fight infection and foreign substances such as viruses or bacteria. It is responsible for the swelling, redness, and pain associated with injuries. Other signs of acute inflammation include heat and loss of movement. Pain management is often an important part of addressing inflammation, which can become dangerous to your health if it is unresolved or becomes chronic. Taking a natural approach to inflammation can help.
What are the Causes of Inflammation?
Listed below are some of the most common causes of inflammation.
• Pathogens (germs) such as bacteria, viruses or fungi
• External injuries like scrapes or foreign objects
• Cystitis, or inflammation of the bladder
• Bronchitis, or inflammation of the bronchi
• Otitis media, a middle ear infection
• Dermatitis, a condition where skin is inflamed
• Arthritis, inflammation of the joints
• Food allergies/sensitivities
• Autoimmune diseases
Continue reading “Pain Series: A Natural Approach to Inflammation”