The most common reasons for weight gain, and the struggles many of us face with losing weight and maintaining our weight, are Who, What, When, Where, How and Why. To identify and understand your own reasons for weight gain, answer the following questions. Your honest answers will help you create a personal weight loss plan that actually works – once and for all!
Who triggers you to overeat?
- A boss who triggers us to grab foods we think will calm or relax us after a stressful day at the office
- A friend or partner who encourages us to overeat because they want a “food buddy”
- Someone who shows their love for you through the food they’ve prepared (or purchased) and we eat to avoid hurting their feelings
What types of foods are you eating?
- Too much junk food, takeout, prepared, or fast food
- Foods high in unhealthy fat (vs. healthy fats that help you lose weight) and sugar
- Out of proportion portions – “economy sizing,” “super sizing,” or “value sizing” Continue reading “Identifying the Most Common Reasons for Weight Gain”