Leaving the office to grab a bite for lunch or dinner? Here are just a few tips to encourage light and lean restaurant eating.
· Order an appetizer (as long as it’s a healthy one) with a salad or two healthy appetizers instead of a high fat/calorie entree.
· Start with a clear-based soup or salad versus a cream-based soup.
· Ask that the bread basked not be put down on the table. If that’s not an option, make a rule about how much you’ll have before you go, and stick to it!
· At a buffet or salad bar, load up on the vegetables and watch out for high fat toppings and mixtures.
· Portion off half of the entree and share it, or pack it up for another meal.
· Use the opportunity to enjoy what the restaurant is known for by enjoying a small portion of those foods, which are unique, interesting and symbolic of that restaurant, while avoiding ordinary foods that you can have anywhere. Continue reading “How to Eat Healthy During Your Workday”Read More