Starting Saturday October 30, Pathway products will be 25% off in-store or by telephone only. Metagenics, Thorne and Xymogen will be 20% off. The sale ends November 17, 2010. It is a good time to stock up on these quality lines that offer the best in nutritional supplements.
We at Village Green Apothecary would like to wish everyone a safe and happy Hallowe’en! Here are some tips to ensure that your little ones have a fun and memorable time.
1. Only go to houses that have lights on.
2. Never eat any candy before it is thoroughly inspected.
3. Add reflective taping to costumes so that your children are easily seen.
4. Have fun!!
Hylands has voluntarily recalled their homeopathic Teething Tablet. According to their website, this is following “an abundance of caution after the company and the FDA conducted a thorough review of the company’s adverse event reports and manufacturing processes. Together, we have identified manufacturing processes of Teething Tablets that can be improved to ensure uniformity in dosage. We also believe there are opportunities to refine the production, packaging and testing protocols on this product.”
To learn more about the recall, click here.
Personally, I used Hylands Teething Tablets and Boiron Camilia for my son’s teething pain, instead of acetaminophen or ibuprofen, and had great success. If you want a natural alternative to Hylands, Boiron’s product is an option, as is Hyland’s Teething Gel, which has not been affected by the recall.
Here is the next in our weekly series of excerpts from the EBook, “6 Weeks to a Greener Lifestyle.” See the note at the end of this post for more information. — Paula
Want to know how to calculate your carbon footprint? Here is great resource. Follow these steps, and you may be surprised by the result.
1. Go to the carbon footprint calculator.
2. Enter your country and state of origin. This will give you a more accurate estimate, as some factors vary by location. Note: As the site says, the calculations for secondary emissions are based on estimates developed by Carbon Footprint to illustrate the impact on the environment from your day-to-day activities.
3. Start with HOUSEHOLD and be prepared to enter the following information regarding your house: the number of people in your household and your consumption of electricity, natural gas, heating oil, coal, and the like. It may be helpful to have a year’s worth of utility bills handy.
4. FLIGHTS is an area where it’s key to be prepared by knowing where you traveled and in which class – yes, the class matters in this calculation, as you take up about twice as much space in first class. Continue reading “EBook Excerpt: Your Costs and Your Carbon Footprint”
According to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in 3 Americans will have type 2 diabetes by 2050 if current trends continue.
Aging population, inactivity, and obesity are all reasons for the potential increase. Lifestyle changes are one key way to help decrease the prevalence.
Walking as little as 30 minutes per day can help your body’s ability to use insulin. Watch for future blogs about some supplements that can help control blood sugar.